1. i think summer is embodied by that ombre watermelon ^^^ CAN'T I HAVE IT ALWAYS?
2. we're in the homestretch of our whole30 and that's SO exciting!! we're on day 24 now which means we have LESS THAN A WEEK LEFT. um hi does time fly or whatt???
3. THIS IS SO COOL.
4. we've been in a heatwave for what seems like FOREVEERRRR here in NY. it's awful. we just stay inside all day because i feel like i can't breathe in the heat (also because the sweating becomes too much and i freak out) 😭
5. also, can i tell you that the puppy fever is reallllll. like i want one so bad. we're in a two year lease at this apartment so i know i can't get one for at LEAST a year and a half but like… please??
6. i have this nail polish in spool me over and i loveeeeeeee it. i'm super into the pale muted colors right now
7. TV. um yeah, we're still obsessing with the olympics – pretty bummed about the women's soccer team but oh well. we're loving all the swimming stuff and Katie Ledecky is crazy awesome. we've also watched a few episodes of house of cards – we made it up to the finale of season three and WHATTTTTTT i can't believe no one told me i HAD to watch just for that last scene. thanks guys. also, do you guys know i have a guilty pleasure for reality tv? i'm talking married at first sight, bachelor in paradise, and even now are you the one (i'm obsessed with trying to figure it out).
8. i know i complain about this all the time, but the thing i hate the most about living in an apartment is my lack of a grill 😭 i just wanna make grilled chicken without setting off a smoke alarm!!!
9. i want to leave you with this cute little graphic from my friends at fix.com all about different infused water flavors! i loveeee flavoring my water, you guys know that i don't drink soda anymore – but i'm a big fan of flavored sparkling water (heyyyy la croix i'm looking at you for the main reason i haven't saved hundreds of dollars from giving up soda) anddddd i'm also a big fan of still water that's infused with flavor. i love all these combo options and i'm definitely trying a few of these out this week (i'm eyeing that strawberry cucumber lime)! i love this pitcher and use it in my real life (also doubles as a cold brewer for loose leaf tea!) but it's sort of pricey – this one's like half the price and really cute too!
* this post may contain affiliate amazon links and/or other affiliate/referral links. I earn a SMALL commission on purchases you make through amazon, at NO ADDITIONAL cost to you. you use amazon exactly as you used to and are still entitled to the same deals you would get through a non-affiliate link. i may earn discounts or a percentage of purchases through other affiliate/referral links within this post. I only endorse products/services I actually use in my own kitchen and likely have paid for on my own – if i’m recommending it, it means I truly believe in the quality of the product. thank you for supporting the Pike Place Kitchen and helping to keep the blog up and running.