Red Velvet Fudge Pie
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 35
- Total Time: 45 minutes
- Yield: 2 1x
- 1 red velvet cake mix (I used Ducan Hines)
- 3 eggs*
- 1/3 vegetable oil*
- 1 & 1/4 cup water*
- 1/2 cup butter
- 12 ounces mini chocolate chips, divided
- 1 (14-ounce) can of sweetened condensed milk
- 2 pie crusts (refrigerated or homemade)
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Roll out the pie crusts into the pie pans, unless purchased already in pans.
- Prepare your cake mix according to package instructions. Pour mixed batter into refrigerated pie crusts.
- Bake the pies for 30-35 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted into the center of the cake comes out clean.** Remove the pies and allow to cool.
- In a sauce pan combine the butter, 8 ounces of the mini chocolate chips, and sweetened condensed milk. Mix together until fudge sauce is smooth, then pour over the two pies.
- Sprinkle the remaining 4 ounces of mini chocolate chips on top of the fudge sauce.
- Allow the sauce to cool and harden before serving.
- * The starred ingredients were called for by the Duncan Hines cake mix, follow the instructions on the cake mix you’re using!
- ** If the pie crust begins to brown before the cake is fully cooked, cover loosely with tin foil and continue baking until finished.
- Calories: 8304
- Sugar: 593
- Sodium: 7284
- Fat: 453
- Saturated Fat: 196
- Unsaturated Fat: 227
- Trans Fat: 4
- Carbohydrates: 973
- Protein: 131
- Cholesterol: 1015