1. How was your Memorial Day? I was off the grid on all the social medias, holed up inside a tent with three friends in the forest on an island. Oh yeah. We camped in Moran State Park on Orcas Island and it was wonderful, although I'll NEVER. EVER. EVER. do that on a holiday weekend again. SO. MUCH. FERRY. TRAFFIC. Like, so much traffic I thought I was seriously losing my mind a few times.
2. Did I talk to you about Dutch Brothers last week? I honestly can't remember. I should check. But I'm already invested in this so I'm gonna keep going. I love love love them. Like a lot. Like they're my new fave CAWfee place. I just can't get over their caramelizer/double choco mocha. Like whaaaatttt? how many times did I say “like”? That's how much I like this place.
3. The other day I wanted to remove some chipped nail polish and I was traveling and I thought to myself: “Self, someone should invent travel/to-go nail polish remover. Like little pads soaked in nail polish that you can use when you're in the car or in an elevator or dancing on the sidewalk. IIIIIIIIIIIIIII should invent that, I'd make millions. It's so simple I can't believe no one has done it yet!” Then I went to walmart… they have invented it. which was lovely at the time because it was precisely what I needed at the moment; but, also really sad because someone basically stole my millions of dollars for inventing it. womp womp. and so goes the American Dream.
4. I don't know why I'm so focused on coffee right now, but when I lived in Florence the only place that sold Iced Coffee was a cafe/club called Astor. They had a coffee card for 30 euros and you could get an unlimited amounts of coffee drinks for a full month. it was amazing. The reason I'm telling you this is because I'm really craving this frozen coffee drink that was swirled with chocolate and banana syrup and topped with whipped cream and just ohmahgawd. can i have ittttttttt? CAN III. i need it in my life. again.
5. YEW GUIZ. I get to be home this weekend. WHHHhhhhhAAAAaaT? i know. it's gettin cray. I'm going to sit in my kitchen and just stare at the appliances. Like the ninja mega kitchen system that I talked about FOREVER ago and my momma listened and bought for me for my birfffdayy. <- lady of the year right thur, right thur.
6. Speaking of appliances, my dishwasher has been broken for weeks. WEEKS. I just don't have the energy to go tell my building manager/I haven't been home & needing to use it so it doesn't really impact me. but this weekend it will. When I make ALL the things and have to wash ALL the dishes by hand <- a food blogger's nightmare. womp womp.
7. I'm really into the arrowz ^
8. Also arugula. I'm really into arugula right now. it's. just. so. peppery.
9. So many birfdays: Happy birthday tooooo my brother, my cousin, and my seattle bff!