hiiiiiiiii! are you excited for this?? i am. i can't wait!
there's a reason for why i've been blogging for almost four years and haven't managed to share this recipe with you…
because it doesn't even really “feel” like a recipe
it's so simple that it's slightly embarrassing to call it a recipe at all.
this stuff is literally the starrrrr of the show.
or you could make your own batch, there are a bunch of recipes out there. for the sake of being a quick weeknight dinner, i generally don't make my own. but more power to you if you do, im just all about that easy route!
when i was younger my mom used to make us lemon pepper chicken allllllll the time.
and if it was summer we'd fire up the grill and make italian chicken, lemon pepper chicken, and barbecue chicken all at the same time and it was like heaven!
but really it was more like summer. and yesterday was the first day of summer so this just seems SO fitting. don't you think?
SO. literally all i'm going to ask you to do is coat some chicken tenders in lemon pepper.
like REALLY coat.
the more you stick on there, the more flavor you'll have!
we aren't even going to marinade these. we're gonna sprinkle on the seasoning and then straight PLOP them into your skillet. (with a teensy bit of oil). then you flip the chicken – if you're using a cast iron skillet i really recommend using tongs and also be gentle when you're lifting them to flip, if they stick to the skillet i find waiting another minute or two helps the chicken come up easier!
also, if you're crazy like me you can add another dash of the seasoning over the chicken when it's 90% cooked for a flavor explosion.
so anywho, i'm not joking. this is one of my favorite go-to weeknight meals for dinner.
i really love to make a double batch and chop up the tenders for salads throughout the week. but i've been known to just grab a piece of chicken out of the fridge cold and eat that as a snack. because i'm embarrassing.
i'm gonna have to make this for dinner next week now. i guarantee when frankie sees this post he's going to text me and ask me to make this for him. womp womp womppppp.
don't you just wanna pull up a chair at my dinner table to try this stuff out??
UGH. staring at these pictures and writing this post reallllllly makes me wish i had a plate of this deliciousness right. now. at 11pm on a Monday. because that's necessary and my life now apparently..
- 1 +1/4 pound chicken tenders (or breast cut into tenders)
- 1 tablespoon lemon pepper seasoning
- salt & pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- Coat the chicken with lemon pepper seasoning and salt & pepper on both sides.
- Heat the olive oil in a cast iron skillet over medium-high heat. You'll know the skillet is ready when a drop of water sizzles when dropped into the oil.
- Add the tenders to the skillet and let it cook for 3-4 minutes before flipping them over to cook for 3-4 minutes on the other side. The chicken will be done when it's white on the inside! You might need to cook the chicken in batches, depending on how big your skillet is.
HAYYYYYYY ITS SUMMER!! 🍋☀️🌻 yes.
Make it? Lemme see it! Hashtag it: #thepikeplacekitchen
* this post may contain affiliate amazon links. I earn a SMALL commission on purchases you make through amazon, at NO ADDITIONAL cost to you. you use amazon exactly as you used to and are still entitled to the same deals you would get through a non-affiliate link. I only endorse products I actually use in my own kitchen and likely have paid for on my own – if i'm recommending it, it means I truly believe in the quality of the product. thank you for supporting the Pike Place Kitchen and helping to keep the blog up and running.