GUYS. the long weekend really messed with my schedule.
i feel so off center and i spent half the day traveling to CT for work so i'm even moreeeee out of routine than usual.
and all i want to do is curl up in my hotel bed with a plate of roasted carrots. yup, you read that right… CARROTS.
not just any carrots though… rainnnnnnbow carrots 🌈
because they're beautiful and i love them. YAY.
okay so before we get fully into talking about the in's and outs of why you should make this recipe, can you tell me how YOUR fourth of july was? i shared pictures from mine yesterday and now i want to know what YOU did! TELL ME.
did you eat too much junk? did you have hotdogs? hamburgers? ICE CREAM?? candy?? …. drinks?!
i hope you had ALL the things. all the delicious things.
buuuuut. if you're anything like me you feel a little…. out of control.
and now you're looking to reellllll yourself back in.
^ eating a ton of veggies is really the only way i know how to check myself after i've over indulged.
so what better time could there be to share a super easy, whole30 side recipe?!
these carrots are seasoned with a little bit of balsamic and oil and then salt & pepper and that's IT.
you're just gonna roast them up and they turn into a super butter-y almost caramel-y side recipe. theres a hint of sweetness but also a little smokiness from the charring the carrots take on when you roast them. i can't deal.
should i comment on the COLORS?
to be honest, i don't really taste a flavor difference between the different colored carrots – BUT they are gorgeous and it makes them feel more, ummmm “upscale” if that's a thing? plus, i really love to dabble with different ingredients when i can. i saw these and knew i HAD to have them.
if you haaaaave to, you could totally make this side dish with a bunch of orange carrots and not sacrifice any flavor!
don't they just RADIATE healthy?!
ugh. i wish i was home tonight so i could actually make these again.
okay. SO i wouldn't make these as a main dish! i generally make these in one big batch and cut them up to use for the week as sides.
frankie loveeeed them in his lunches (and i did too). it was a nice way of getting a starchier vegetable in that wasn't potatoes. i feel like i always default to potatoes… it's always nice to shake things up!
OH and if you're not on a whole30 i TOTALLY recommend drizzling a little bit of balsamic glaze over the carrots for an extra awesome twist!
NOW. let's eat!!
whole30 roasted rainbow carrots
- Prep Time: 10 mins
- Cook Time: 45 mins
- Total Time: 55 minutes
- Yield: 2-4 1x
- 2 bunches rainbow baby carrots
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 1 teaspoon balsamic vinaigrette
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Cut the tops off the carrots or trim them to about 2 inches. Peel the carrots and rinse them under water. Dry the carrots off and place on a parchment paper lined baking sheet.
- Coat the carrots with the olive oil and balsamic. Then cover the carrots in the salt and pepper, I use fresh ground for both – i'd say about 1/4 teaspoon of each, but really this is up to you!
- Roast in the oven for 45 minutes, shaking the pan halfway through.
- Let the carrots cool and then drizzle with a little extra balsamic (or if you're not doing a whole30 try balsamic glaze)!
yasssssssss. invite me over for dinner? please and thank you.
Make it? Lemme see it! Hashtag it: #thepikeplacekitchen
* this post may contain affiliate amazon links. I earn a SMALL commission on purchases you make through amazon, at NO ADDITIONAL cost to you. you use amazon exactly as you used to and are still entitled to the same deals you would get through a non-affiliate link. I only endorse products I actually use in my own kitchen and likely have paid for on my own – if i'm recommending it, it means I truly believe in the quality of the product. thank you for supporting the Pike Place Kitchen and helping to keep the blog up and running.