I think it's pretty common knowledge that I love fall. It's my favorite time of year… but October, October is my favorite month. It's the epitome of fall to me. One of my favorite parts of October is the emergence of all things pumpkin.
I love pumpkin lattes (like the one I'm drinking right now), pumpkin breads, pumpkin beers, pumpkin everything. Bring me all the pumpkin. So when I started to see these three-ingredient muffins floating around pinterest I was like OHMAHGAWDITSTIME.
I've been hoarding cans of pumpkin in my cabinet since New Years and it's finally the time of year that I can use them. Especially in three ingredient muffins. These muffins are super easy and super delicious.
I've been eating them as dessert, snacks, and even breakfast… cause I'm a rebel like that. Andddd because this makes thirty-six mini muffins and it's hard to get rid of them all without eating them at all times of the day.
Oops. But let's talk about this chocolate caramel sauce for a hot second, because it tastes like brownie batter. I swear to you, it tastes EXACTLY like it. The first time I made it was like hmm, this tastes like… brownie batter… and I looked down and it was gone. No joke, I ate the whole thing trying to be “sure” that it really tasted like what I thought it did. So make it. Slather it on these muffins, or slather it on a spoon, or a Silpat mat for all I care, and eat it. I won't judge you for how you choose to eat it. That's your prerogative.Print
Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins
Inspired by Pinterest
- Prep Time: 10
- Cook Time: 20
- Total Time: 30 minutes
- Yield: 36 1x
- 1 can of pumpkin (15 oz)
- 1 box of white cake mix*
- 3/4 cup of mini chocolate chips
- Preheat your oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix together the can of pumpkin and the cake mix, this can be done in a kitchen aid mixer or a bowl. Fold in the chocolate chips.
- Spray the mini muffin pan with non-stick spray or use mini muffin liners.
- Scoop one heaping tablespoon of batter into each muffin cup.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes, until a toothpick comes out clean when inserted into the center of the muffin.
- *I used Betty Crocker Super Moist White Cake Mix, but any white cake mix will do.
- Calories: 2906
- Sugar: 351
- Sodium: 3579
- Fat: 94
- Saturated Fat: 32
- Unsaturated Fat: 56
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 484
- Protein: 33
- Cholesterol: 29
Chocolate Caramel Sauce
- Cook Time: 2
- Total Time: 2
- Yield: 2 1x
- 2 tablespoons caramel sauce/syrup*
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder*
- Mix the cocoa into the caramel sauce until blended well. The sauce will resemble (and taste like) brownie batter.
- Optional: Microwave the sauce for 10 seconds to warm it before serving over Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Mini Muffins.
- * I used Smucker's caramel sundae syrup.
- * I used Hershey's unsweetened cocoa powder.
- I made the sauce as needed right before eating the muffins, however, if you want to make a large batch of the sauce it should keep in the fridge for 2-3 days. The ratio is 2:1 caramel and cocoa, for making large batches.
- Calories: 117
- Sugar: 19
- Sodium: 28
- Fat: 1
- Saturated Fat: 1
- Unsaturated Fat: 0
- Trans Fat: 0
- Carbohydrates: 28
- Protein: 2
- Cholesterol: 0
P.S. Even non-pumpkin lovers like them… yes, I'm talking about you Geoff.
P.P.S. My pumpkin spice latte is AHMAZING right now, thanks Starbucks. Love ya.